What's the purpose?
The goal of the Symposium is to provide a unique forum for disseminating scientific results, support knowledge exchange, and create networking and clustering opportunities for security stakeholders of EU-funded projects in security and defense.
Live demonstrations will take place on the last day of RISE-SD 2023, presenting technological solutions developed in the context of the co-organizing EU RDI projects. The participants will have the opportunity to interact with systems developers and researchers and learn more about innovative solutions developed by European researchers with the support of the European Commission.
Besides, the Symposium will boost cooperation among scientific organizations, SMEs and the European security Industry, security and defense practitioners, policymakers, and other stakeholders. The objective is to ensure a successful market uptake of all the positive outcomes of European research in security matters.
Where will it be held?
RISE-SD 2023 will be held from May 29th to 31st, at the Rodos Palace Hotel, located on the island of Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes is the largest of the Dodecanese islands and the easternmost of Greece's large islands in the Aegean Sea. Historically, the island is famous for the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The medieval city is included in the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List.
Attending the Symposium, the participants will:
- get acquainted with the new strategies of the European R&I Governance organizations in security and defense,
- be able to present innovative achievements of their work,
- be invited to brainstorming and brokerage sessions, and
- have the chance to build opportunities for international cooperation.
What is the focus of the Symposium?
RISE-SD 2023 will focus rather on civil Security topics while paving the way for RISE-SD 2024, which will take place in Bulgaria and shall concentrate mainly on Defense research aspects. The event aims to comply with the fast-changing security environment and fully exploit the opportunities posed by technological trends and scientific achievements. Research and innovation achievements on Disaster Resilience Societies, the Fight Against Crime and Terrorism, External Border Management, Infrastructure Protection, and Cyber Security will be shared and discussed in the context of focused sessions, specialized panels, and open discussions.
More than 10 invited speakers, 30 EU-funded innovative security projects, and numerous European research stakeholders will pave the way toward future synergies and cooperation for a more secure and resilient E.U.
What are the options for participation?
- European R&D projects and Innovation developers on Security and Defense topics may participate as exhibitors and demonstrate lively their results.
- Research projects, researchers, and innovators can participate as presenters the results of their research work in 5 specialized Conference sessions.
- Policymakers, solution providers, research and academia representatives may attend the conference sessions, focused panels and discussions on diverse security matters.
- Practitioners, Policy makers, Researchers, Industry, and Academia will have the opportunity to participate in workshops and brokerage events and work on building future consortia and groups around common research ideas and innovative approaches in the field of security and defense.